Maintaining your mental health is just as important as maintaining your physical health. Like our bodies, our minds need training too.
headspace understands that adolescence and early adulthood is a critical time in a person’s life, therefore by supporting young people through this period, headspace is supporting young people to stay on track heading into the future.
headspace Broome provides a variety of FREE services to all young people aged 12-25.
• GP Appointments – For any general health matter, including sexual health screening, info and advice. This is a great entry point into the service and an effective way to connect young people unsure of the support they would like or may need in the future. Simply call and book and appointment
• A confidential space to ‘talk it out’ – Develop skills to manage life’s challenges by talking to one of our youth friendly counsellors. Make an appointment to meet with a staff member to talk through your options.
• Employment Support – Want help finding work, unsure of your future. Talk to our vocational specialists, here to support your goals.
• Healthy lifestyle activities – Cultural programmes and activities designed to build rapport with young people and improve lifestyle behaviours.
• Youth Participation – Join our Youth Advisory Group and share your thoughts, ideas and experiences about being a young person living in Broome and help improve the service. Opportunities for further training and networking are also on offer.